Friday, February 10, 2012

I miss the Wiggles

My daughter is 10 now. Actually, 10 and a half. It's been many years since we've watched Wiggles videos or listened to their CDs. But I just bought a new Wiggles CD because it's called "Ukulele Baby." My DD has been playing the uke since she was six, and I had to hear this CD.

I miss them. I realized I loved being a kid with my kid and I loved the Wiggles. Four (good-looking) grown men who loved to be silly for little kids. My little girl is in that pre-pre-teen stage, and while she still loves to be silly and playful, she is not a toddler.  She can compute a fraction once second and sing her own silly made up song (complete with dance) the next. I credit the Wiggles (and 9.5 years of Kindermusik classes and ukulele lessons) with her ability to do that.

I probably won't be attending any more Wiggles concerts. (Yes, I have attended two of them!) I can still love them from afar. And send this CD to my 4 year-old great-niece. I hope she and her mom can have the same love affair with the guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!