Wednesday, October 28, 2009

National Novel Writing Month (November!!!)

I know, I know...as if I have nothing better to do than write a novel in November. Not even an advance, just the honor of being declared a "winner" if I write 50,000 words by the end of the month! Luckily they don't read the books, just count the words, so spelling can be atrocious and typos may abound.

Hey, if you want to be a character in my book, give me a name you'd like to be and maybe what kind of person you want to be (if you don't want me lifting all your real life qualities and circumstances, that is!). And of course, I may still take a few liberties with your character...hee hee heee.

I'm not sure if I should tell you much about the story. It's not one of those "adult" books, rest assured. (You may wind up in one of those anyway, but I'm not gonna tell you until it's published...hee hee hee.)

It's really a blueprint for what I'd like to do when DH and I are "retired" that is, what kind of work we'd like to do before we are too old and tired to do much of anything.

The working title is Beadboard, Sea Glass and Driftwood and it's the first in the Trilogy Cottages Mystery Series, and the protagonist is Abigail Steele. You, my friends and family, may find her eerily familiar...

There, that's enough to keep you guessing for now....hee hee hee.

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!