Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Update on the health routine

This "blogging once a week" stuff is harder than I thought! I certainly have enough thoughts to keep up a blog, but the habit and practice of sitting down to write is another issue!

The "skinny" on the new health routine...

The food part is going pretty well. I think I'm pretty good about sticking to my "diet." I'm keeping a log each day, marking off each item at each meal (fruit/whole grain/protein/water/veg/etc.) and that really helps me to stay aware of what I have or haven't eaten. It makes eating more intentional. I find am much better about what I eat if I keep up this log. The days I slip in using it are the days I slip in eating. And if I haven't taken the time on the weekend to meal-plan, then I am really up a creek each night when trying to get dinner ready for the clan. Doing pretty well with the "3 sweets a day" thing as well as the "3 drinks a week."

What I've been awful about the entire time is the exercise part! I'll tell you, it helps when you have a child that can read and understand your chart and she says, "Mommy, you haven't exercised at all this week!" (I hadn't even explained my log to her, she just understood it.) OK, my excuse for part of one week was the heat....it really was 102 degrees here one day. Stockton weather, for sure, here in the Bay Area. So what's my excuse one week later when the high was 58 degrees? No excuse at all. Got out of the habit, and so hard for me to get back in. And today I have a sore throat and the sniffles. So I really have some work to do still on this aspect.

And the poundage? At one point I had lost 4 lbs. Not quite the 2 a week I was hoping for, but a start. But without the exercise part of it, I know the pounds are only going to barely eek off me. But it's a start and I'm happy about that. I think visualizing myself in that skinny brown dress I bought at New Year's will help. The goal of being "slender" (or at least "slenderer") by the end of August is the key to keeping food out of my mouth (the wrong foods that is) and a kick to get me back outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!