Friday, March 28, 2008

Margaret is a-Musing

I so could kick myself for not thinking of that pun until long after I had created this blog and captured my blogspot URL. Oh well. (That's a deep subject.)

Puns are on my mind at the moment, not just because I think myself a-musing. I read a book today (a sure sign I am procrastinating about something else. In this case, it is a talk I am to give in a week.) The book is Maybe. (Maybe not.) by Robert Fulghum. (The same guy who wrote All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten. Also a Unitarian minister.) I recommend this book highly. When I wasn't laughing, I was in tears. (Good tears.)

Anyway...in one chapter he talks about a friend playing a trick on him and signing him up for all these weird organizations (which really do exist). One of them was the International Save the Pun Foundation.

Well, that got my attention! I joined right away. (I think I joined. It's hard to tell.)

I submitted my first pun, which by the way, is original and created while on our first trip to Cape Cod. Here it is:

Q. What did the Language Professor wear when she went to the beach?
A. Why, a diphthong, of course!

I submitted it in the name of the "Original Pearson Punster," Hal Pearson. (Easter Sunday was the 5th anniversary of his passing.)

OK, so my next pun is (thought of today):
Q. What do you call a liaison with a mental health professional?
A. A psyhchia “tryst.”

Groans are expected. It's just as good as applause to punsters.

Good day. Have a pun weekend.

Thanks, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!